Our Core Values & Mission Statement
Open Arms Mission is a Christian organization, called to be faithful stewards of God’s resources to demonstrate value and dignity while assisting those living in economic, social and spiritual poverty.
- Christ-centredness: maintaining Christ in the centre of all by focusing on communicating the hope of the Gospel through words and actions.
- Service: attentive to short and long term needs
- Development: empowering to reach toward personal potentials by showing respect and dignity as image bearers of God.
- Partnership: co-operating with churches, businesses, agencies, and individuals for the betterment of our community
- Discernment: prudently using resources that are made available
Statement of Faith
We believe and affirm that...
- The Bible, containing the Old (39 books) and the New (27 books) Testaments, is the only inspired Word of God, and that it constitutes our supreme authority in all matters of faith, teaching, and behaviour. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any way.
- There is only one God, eternal, infinite in power, knowledge, wisdom, love and goodness, perfect in holiness, and existing eternally in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who are in one substance and power.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was manifest in the flesh. We believe in His virgin birth and that in Him was no sin; that He did no sin. We believe in His atoning death, that He (the Just One) died for us (the unjust ones), that He might bring us to God, and that He bore our sins in His own body on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, present glory, imminent return and coming Kingdom.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person who dwells in every believer. We believe the Holy Spirit has baptized every believer into the spiritual body of Christ (the Church). We believe each believer should seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit at all times.
- Salvation from sin, deliverance from hell and assurance of Heaven are solely on the basis of the finished work of Christ on the cross, through faith in Him, who knew no sin, but was made sin for us. We believe we are saved by grace through faith and not by works. We believe the assurance of Salvation is a present and continuing possession of every believer and is assured by the finished work of Christ.
- Every person is born with an inherently sinful nature in thought, word, and deed.
- Satan was created by God as a perfect, angelic spirit being but because of pride, rebelled against God and became the great adversary of God and His people. We believe that his powers are vast but strictly limited by the will of God. We believe that Satan was defeated and judged at the cross and therefore his final destruction is certain.
- There is a Heaven to be gained and a hell to be shunned.
- Every born-again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is a member of the Church Universal, which is His Body.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return personally and take over this world for His own and subsequently to judge the world and reign in righteousness.